Childhood memories: Forcing people to buy your stuffs

  When I was young, my mum used to go all the way to Lagos to buy really nice outfits for my brother and I. The clothes were normally new arrivals so we would have rocked it like for 8 months before it infiltrates the market. 
We use too enjoy our cool outfits until one woman like this decided to start to her aposhe market from our head... only God knew where that woman gets the clothes she sells to my mum😟. Very ugly clothes with fifty shoulder pads on each shoulder. I would wear that dress and immediately look arrogant 😅. My mum would look at my face and she would see how displeased I was with the dress and the aunty with the akaracha cloth will also see my face ooo, the next thing she will turn to my mum and tell her how long lasting the materials are, how it will last us a whole century and how we can pass it to the next generation. That moment, I would be crying in my heart. Looking at my brother, he will be so sad because his own was even worse, the length of the trousers was too long and you would have to fold it like six times before they get to his normal trouser length, the width of the trouser nko.. hmmm that one is oshe 50 scent o fe gba je (very wide). so you all can just visualize the pain we were going through. 
My mum is a kind woman and diplomatic too, so she tries not to hurt anyone. She bought the clothes from the woman, the most annoying part of the transaction was when my mum gave her money for the clothes and the woman gave us a mean look. Really, you should show some sympathy since we would be wearing those outfits for God knows how long 🙄🙄. After she left, we were left with the thought 💭 of wearing those clothes, we thought of how our reputation will drop in the children section of the church ⛪ and how we can’t bounce out to dance 💃🏽 in parties anytime we wear the clothes.

The best part of my story is that, my mum never put us through the trauma of wearing those clothes 😁☺️,She gave them out. whenever madam aposhe called on landline 📞 to tell my mum she was coming over, with all delight I will tell her “mummy traveled ma”. 
 Pls drop your comment after reading 📖. Thank you ☺️ 

Comments

Must Read

Souvenir robbers at weddings

Wedding In Naija

Must you catch the bride's bouquet at a wedding?

Mr&Mrs X palaver

Topsy-turvy Thursday